Sunday, December 6, 2009

childlike faith!

Our furry friend Clifford the hamster finally passed away. He will be missed! Nathan struggled with this and did a lot of crying today because he missed Clifford and didn't know where he was. We had a funeral, buried him, talked about the fact that Clifford's body didn't work anymore and that he went to heaven. This seemed to make Nathan feel a bit better but not quite satisfied.

But that is not the actual point of this post.

As Nathan and I were saying our bedtime prayers and singing our nightly routine of "Jesus loves me", I saw the sparkle return to his eyes. He sat up with pure excitement and joy and interrupted with "MOM!! Clifford is with Jesus now! Isn't that cool?!" I responded with "yes Nathan, he is! And it is cool! Would you like to thank God and Jesus tonight for taking care of Clifford?" and of course he did. And as I left his room he shouted, "make sure you tell Ava that prayer too!" How lucky am I to be able to witness such faith in him and his eagerness to share it with his sister?!?!

I am constantly amazed by the gift of my children and in awe that God has given me the opportunity to glimpse at life through their little eyes every once in a while.

Mark 10:13 - 16
13People were bringing little children to Jesus to have him touch them, but the disciples rebuked them. 14When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 15I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." 16And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them.

No comments: