Saturday, November 17, 2007

Family Shopping.......

Let me set the scene for this story............

We have a 21 month old, a 3 year old and a John and we need to do our personal grocery shopping as well as our Thanksgiving dinner shopping.

Step 1: Organization - Being as ridiculous as I am, I had created a written plan on how to accomplish this task including lists for each store which included the corresponding coupons. I was determined to save $$ and get great deals. This required hours of planning, snipping, comparing and compiling.

Step 2: Implementation - John takes Nathan and our personal grocery list while I take Ava and the Thanksgiving list. A plan which I think is AWESOME!!

Step 3: FInalization - So we met back at the front, our full grocery carts and cranky children in tow. "Did you get everything?" I ask, "yup, and more!" John replies. The woman rings John's cart first (of course I had them rung seperately for organizational purposes), its going well. List complete - check! Loews card discounts - check!, coupons - uh oh! The woman hands back the aluminum foil coupon. I say "John, did you get the aluminum foil?" John replies "no, it wasn't on the list. Let me see the list!" (like I POSSIBLY could have made a mistake). And then another coupon is handed back. "John, Did you get the Snuggle???" "No", he says. "Probably because I was shopping off the Food Lion list and we are at Loews". SIGH..............................

(And in case anyone was wondering, I did go back in and get the original stuff on the Loews list by the way. Couldn't let those coupons go to waste!!)

No comments: